Today we kick-off our new “By the Numbers” Blog series. As Surveyors, Geographers, Scientists, and geospatial professionals our daily life is consumed by numbers. This series will focus on some quick FAQ’s, stats, specs, and facts we thought you’d find interesting as well.
- An average Mobile LiDAR project occupies 1 LiDAR system for 4-5 days (mobilization, collection, and demobilization).
- 1 LiDAR system can regularly capture 60-100 miles of data per day in normal driving conditions.
- Each of our 4 LiDAR systems travels 35,000-40,000 miles each year.
- Since purchasing our first Mobile LiDAR system we’ve:
- Completed hundreds of projects;
- Performed collections in 29 States (and multiple Countries);
- Successfully completed projects for 25+ Departments of Transportation or Transportation Agencies;
- Fostered tens of Millions in economic impact;
- Captured hundreds of miles of railway; and,
- Coached numerous agencies through their development of Mobile LiDAR Guidelines.
- Introduced the Baker’s Dozen: 13 Laws of Mobile LiDAR